Employer… Change a Life.
We Need YOUR EXPERTISE
Join Cyber Proud Today!
Cyber Proud is seeking businesses and industry experts like you to serve and give back…There are many ways you can help:
- Join the Cyber Proud Mentor Network (All Sectors)
- Provide work based learning experience
- Be a Guest Speaker
- Job Placement for Direct Hire
- Join Advisory & Serve on Joint Apprenticeship Committee
- Provide On the Job Training.
Contact our CEO to Learn More
How to Become a Mentor?
Our mentors are not only industry representatives, they are people who want to impact a person’s life and career.
Mentors are important for our trainees when they are going through our training or certificate program, and especially while they are seeking a new career.
As a mentor, you will serve as a positive role model to apprentices, build relationships by planning and participating in activities together, build self-esteem and motivate the apprentice, and help make goals and work toward accomplishing them. By joining the Cyber Proud Network, you will have a direct involvement in helping evolve the career path of a person who is actively seeking a new career and employment.
Next Steps: Application and Screening Process
- Submit a written application
- Participate in a personal interview
- Criminal history background check
Cyber Proud Mentor Network offers a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact on the life and future career trajectory of students, interns, early-career professionals, and/or apprenticeships. Mentors are recruited as industry professionals to act as role models to Cyber Proud students and trainees. During the Cyber Proud Sacramento program, mentors will work directly with students to build relationships early into this program as they facilitate job readiness curriculum and small group discussions on topics, as well as to keep them on pace throughout the program. This mentor program is developed to maintain long-term relationships between the mentor and mentee to help facilitate job placement and to provide on-going professional mentoring to each, once placed in their career.
What is a Mentor?
A mentor is someone who finds a connection, offers to be a friend or sounding board, and perhaps an advisor. Mentors are important for students fighting disconnection in relationships due to a lack of confidence or when they are seeking out employment and guidance through life or career. The primary focus will be on preparing adults who are disconnected and disadvantaged in the areas of career readiness skills, character development, work ethic, public speaking, and self-awareness.
Mentor Role and Commitments
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
- Strive for mutual respect
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Meet with the Mentor Coordinator weekly for support and training updates
- Online Mentor Orientation – One time 4-hour Session
- bi-monthly meets with the student
- bi-monthly meets with a Support Group
- Four-month commitment. A mentor can choose to continue for further projects
- Opportunities for mentoring include job shadowing, webinars, and internships
- An honorable person who keeps commitments and respects others
- At least 25 years old or older
- Resides in the greater Sacramento region or surrounding areas
- Willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Attends mentor training sessions
- Be willing to communicate regularly with Cyber Proud
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to community and individual
- Satisfaction in helping someone mature, progress, and achieve goals
- Training sessions and mentor activities
- Participation in a mentor support group (training sessions with Coordinator)
- Personal ongoing support, supervision to help the mentor succeed
How does this approach differ from other mentor programs?
The Cyber Proud Mentor Network will not only be there to provide life skills and practical encouragement so that the protégé grows emotionally. Mentors will be a coach that prepares and instructs their protégé to win at life, as well as serve as an industry liaison to be a source of information that can provide industry insights when students are charting their path and deciding on an education. A mentor lends perspective and practical advice. Mentors can open doors rather than close them. They can show greater possibilities where none were visible.
In Partnership With:
Cyber Proud is a partner with Earn & Learn to provide strategies to help you connect with qualified candidates.
- Are You Looking for a Trained and Qualified Pool of Candidates for Your Company?
- Do You Want to Play a Role in Cultivating the Next Generation of IT and Cyber Workers to Serve Your Company?
- Do you need a Mechanism to Streamline the Coordination of Work Based Learning, Internships and On the Job Training?